Residential Permits

Online Permitting and Licensing Portal

Online Portal Online Portal

We now have an online portal for all Permit and Business License Applications.

It is here where you will be able to apply for permits or business licenses and follow up on the status of the permits. You will also be able to make your payments and schedule inspections here. All paper documents and applications are available in the online portal at the bottom of the page under the documents tab.

If you prefer email or mail applications, there will be an Additional $50 processing fee.

As always, we will be available to answer any questions regarding the online process that you may have. We feel that this will help streamline the process and help to speed up the review process so we can get your permits to you quicker and more efficiently. Thank you for being patient with us during this transition time and we look forward to working with you as we move forward with our Online Portal.

Why is a permit required?

Many projects require a Swinomish permit before beginning the work. Permits and inspections help preserve property values and enhance health and safety of the community.

When is a permit required?

Permits are required to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, or demolish a building or structure, to change the use of a building, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system. Permits are required to be obtained prior to beginning any work. In situations when replacements and repairs must be performed in an emergency situation, the permit application shall be submitted to the Planning Department on the next business day. Our 'Construction Exempt from Building Permit' guide provides a reference for basic exemptions.

All projects, whether they need a permit or not, must comply with the adopted building codes and regulations and the Swinomish Tribal Code.

Many projects require a permit. If you're not sure if a permit is required, please contact the Planning Office by emailing or calling (360) 466-7280.

Affidavit of Construction Cost
TEPA Environmental Checklist
Other Environmental Permits
Agent Authorization Form
Application Requirements
Deck Construction Guide
Construction Exempt from Building Permit
Site Plan Requirements
Stormwater Minimum Requirements

Schedule of Fees

How we work with Skagit County

A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Swinomish Indian Tribal Community and Skagit County was adopted in 1998. The MOU represents the good faith commitments between the Tribe and County for the administration of cooperative land use planning and regulation. PDF_icon_sm Download the MOU policy

SITC Address Application SITC Address Application

Residential Permits


Main Phone (360) 466.7200
Inspections (360) 466.7310

Wendi Martin
Permit Technician
(360) 466.1634

Rachel Henden
Associate Planner
(360) 770.0562

Rebecca Villaluz
Code Compliance Administrator
(360) 466.7309


11367 Moorage Way
LaConner, WA 98257


Mon-Wed | 8-6 PM
Thurs |
8-5:30 PM